How To Setup Twitter #NowPlaying
Twitter NowPlaying Script
Supports Shoutcast V1/2 or Icecast
- Download the Twitter NowPlaying script HERE
- Register a new app at https://dev.twitter.com/apps/new
- Fill in API keys and server info in shoutcast.php or icecast.php
- Upload all files to your webserver in a web accessable directory
- Set permissions on uploaded files to 755
- Visit shoutcast.php or icecast.php in your browser to trigger an update or setup a cron job
cron job example:
*/3 * * * * php /home/username/public_html/domain.com/twittercast/shoutcast.php
In this example php will execute shoutcast.php once ever 3 minutes. You may change to your desire.
some systems have different settings when running php from the command line... so you may also try:
*/3 * * * * wget http://www.domain.com/twittercast/shoutcast.php
man crontab for more info. man wget for more info
This script will work properly on a default LAMP stack.
** Many shared hosting prividers disable required php modules and outbound ports. Please check with your provider for supprt **
php module requirements
sockets curl pcre
Was this answer helpful?